A few more things you should know about me:
- I’m an animal lover. For five years, I volunteered with PAWS Chicago, walking and socializing dogs. I’ve also played foster mom to three rescue rabbits from Red Door Animal Shelter, and I now volunteer with Bunnies and Beyond in NYC.
- I’m a leader. At Haverford, I participated in the freshman orientation program as a Peer Awareness Facilitator. My role was to lead a group of first year students in discussions about tough issues such as race, class, gender, and body image. I also directed, organized, and performed in Haverford’s productions of “The Vagina Monologues” in 2016 and 2017.
- I’m a nerd. A nerd who is good at public speaking. In 2010, I gave an academic lecture at Infinitus, a “Harry Potter” conference. I recently gave another at Leaky Con 2018.
- I’m a fashionista. I have probably already made that obvious. While I find that I prefer writing fashion tips for a wider audience, I also like to document my own style. Before I started writing for CF, I honed my fashion-writing skills with a personal blog, where I still post when the mood strikes.
- I’m an entertainer. I performed in seven high school productions, including starring as Alice in “Alice in Wonderland” my senior year. In college, I hosted a weekly radio show where I played favorite songs and gave my take on the latest pop culture news.